A few weeks ago, while I was hunting for some free printable coloring pages, I came across a color by number page featuring Z.E.N.’s favorite character, Lightning McQueen, from the movie Cars. This was the first time he ever tried coloring by number and he really enjoyed. In fact, he asked me if I could print it out again so that he could do it again. In addition to coloring, he also likes to play games on the computer, so when I was given the opportunity to review a new coloring computer program, I was excited and jumped at the chance.
Color It By Numbers is an awesome computer software application which was developed to help children to quickly learn their colors and numbers while also allowing them to learn some basic computer skills. This software program was developed by a team of software professionals that specialize in creating educational and entertaining games for kids. The program is available for Windows, Mac and Linux users.
There are currently three different coloring books to choose from: animals, princesses, and vehicles. Each book features a ton of coloring pages. In addition, there are 3 different coloring options to choose from. You can choose to color by number, color the separate pieces to make the image visible, or free style coloring where you choose your own colors.
We tested out the vehicles and animals version. Once I started up the program, Z.E.N. was able to dive right in without any difficulties. He loved the upbeat music playing in the background, and he really liked coloring the animals. He even discovered that he could change the preset colors on his own, so I can definitely say that this software program is very user friendly
Would you like to try out the software? Head on over to Color it By Numbers and you will be able to download and test 2 coloring pages.
Color it By Numbers Giveaway
Color It By Numbers has generously offered to give one Oh! Diane reader a serial code to unlock the Animals version for free.
Follow the instructions below for your chance to win.
How To Enter
Enter a separate comment for each method of entry. Do the mandatory entry first.
Leave me a comment below. Required Entry must be made on or before 11:59 p.m. EST June 12, 2011.
- Follow Oh Diane on Twitter (@Oh_Diane). +1(Please include your twitter ID in your comment)
- Follow Oh Diane via Google Friend Connect. +1
- “Like” Oh Diane on Facebook. +1 (Please include your FB name in your comment)
- Subscribe to my blog via rss reader or email (see sidebar). You can do both of these, but you only get one entry. +1
- Follow Color It By Numbers on Twitter. +1 (Please include your twitter ID in your comment)
- “Like” Color It By Numbers on Facebook. +1 (Please include your FB name in your comment)
- Tweet about this giveaway ONCE (not daily, not hourly) +1: RT @Oh_Diane Enter to #win a Color It By Number Animals unlock code at OhDiane! http://bit.ly/mT7ED7 #giveaway ends 6/12
Things You Should Know:
- One winner will receive a serial number to unlock the Color It By Numbers Animals version
- Entry open to anyone 18 years of age and over.
- Open to those in the US only.
- Giveaway ends on Monday, June 12th at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Winner will be chosen via And The Winner Is plugin. In the event of plugin failure random.org will be used.
- Because, emails can get lost, I will email the winner twice. If I don’t hear from you within 24 hours of the first email, I’ll try again. If, after 48 hours, I still haven’t heard from you, another winner will be chosen.
- Winner will be announced in a separate post on my blog.
- Disclosure: I received a complimentary serial number unlock code courtesy of Color it By Numbers through the Mommy’s Links Mom Blogger Network to facilitate this review, but all opinions are my own. No monetary compensation has been received.
We have a winner! The winner of this Giveaway is Ronda! Congrats Ronda!